Event Info > While in NYC
|The 26th Parkinson's Unity Walk Has Gone Virtual Due to COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, the 2020 Parkinson's Unity Walk has gone virtual. Join us for our Unity Walk Virtual Celebration Day on Saturday, July 11 at 11:00 am EST. Register or Log In today so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
As we transition the 2020 Unity Walk into a virtual event, you might see information throughout our site referring to Walk Day, originally scheduled for Saturday, April 25th. For the most up to date information about this year’s event, please refer to our 2020 Unity Walk Virtual Celebration event webpage.
We're excited to have you join us in New York City for the Parkinson's Unity Walk! Here's information to help you plan your trip for the Unity Walk.
While the Unity Walk is located in Central Park, we provide information on hotels at various locations and price points.
GETTING AROUND THE CITY
Plan methods of transportation to stop on or near Central Park's 72nd Street Entrances (East or West side)
- Search for Parking
- We do not have reserved parking; please observe general parking rules.
PARKING FOR BUSES
- There is curbside parking available for buses in Lower Manhattan. Refer to the NYC's Department of Transportation’s (DOT) website for details about parking areas, meters, and rates.
- Plan your trip using the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's (MTA) website for railway/subway/bus information and schedules.
- A guideline for subways in reference to the 72nd Street Park Entrances: the nearest subway station on the West Side is 72nd Street #B/C; and on the East Side it is 68th Street/Hunter College #6.
- If taking public transportation, please plan for weekend schedules.
- Google Map Directions to the Bandshell
CENTRAL PARK INFORMATION
- Central Park's Official Website
- About the Bandshell
- Rules & Regulations
- Wi-Fi Access
- Dogs in the Park
- Carnegie Hill Pharmacy, 1721 Broadway (between 54th & 55th Streets), NYC (212) 246-0020
- Big Apple Mobility, 241 West 37th Street (between 7th & 8th Avenues), NYC (212) 278-8100
While entire Walk route is wheelchair accessible, we do not provide wheelchairs on event site.
Things to see and do in New York City:
The above list of helpful links for your travel for the Unity Walk is listed for informational purposes only and have no affiliations with the Parkinson's Unity Walk.
Click for a printer friendly version