Event Info > About Event
Join us for our Parkinson's Unity Walk Virtual Celebration Day on Saturday, July 11 at 11:00 am EST.
In response to COVID-19, the 2020 Parkinson's Unity Walk has gone virtual. After 25 years, not even a pandemic was going to keep us from coming together as a community. As we head into our 26th year, we are thrilled to be able to host our first ever Virtual Unity Walk & Celebration Event. JOIN US!
What: 26th Parkinson’s Unity Walk Virtual Celebration
When: Saturday, July 11, 2020
Time: Begins at 11 am ET
Where: From any location!
How: Join us online!
You need to be here at the most comprehensive, one-stop-shop for resources for people living with Parkinson’s and their loved ones --- now in a new virtual experience and available until April 2021.
Register or Log In today so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
- If you have already registered for the 2020 Unity Walk, log in to your Participant Center to access your fundraising progress and tools! Also make sure to check your email for each week’s new challenge!
- If you haven’t registered yet, what are you waiting for? You can participate in the unity challenges and celebrate everything this incredible community has accomplished with us on July 11th. Can we count on you? Yes! Sign me up!
EVENT TIMELINE: LAUNCHES ON JULY 11!
JOIN VIRTUAL CELEBRATION
Visit each part of our Celebration, including the virtual booths of our sponsors and partners, at your own pace.
- Our Virtual Celebration kicks off at 11:00 am ET on July 11!
- Start with our Celebration Video: See familiar faces, celebrate our community, and learn about research funded through Unity Walk donations.
- Visit our Virtual Bandshell: Learn about Rock Steady Boxing, Dance for PD, and LSVT – and learn how to access exercise at home videos and join from home!
- Celebrate our Top Ten Fundraising Teams
- Make a sign: Download our poster and tell us why you walk. Take a picture of your sign and tag it #PUW2020 or email a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sophia’s Kids’ Zone is full of fun activities to download and get creative! Take a picture of your creations and tag it #PUW2020 or email a photo to email@example.com
PARKINSON’S DISEASE INFORMATION AND RESOURCES AT THE VIRTUAL CELEBRATION
Be empowered and take advantage of the educational information available at the 2020 Virtual Walk. Learn about resources for people living with Parkinson's and their families. We have gathered together all these resources, all in one place, just like in Central Park.
- At Partner Alley, find the resources you have come to expect at the Unity Walk. Visit over 20 sponsor booths to learn about available therapies and advances being made in Parkinson’s treatments.
- Access information from the Parkinson's Disease Organizations Benefitting from Unity Walk Donations
- American Parkinson Disease Association
- Parkinson’s Foundation
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research
- The Parkinson Alliance
WALK WITH US ON JULY 11 AND PARKINSON’S UNITY CHALLENGE #4
- During our virtual celebration event on July 11, we will gather together online to honor our inspiring Parkinson’s community and show the impact we are able to have because of your fundraising efforts and participation. And we also invite you to walk with us, safely from your hometown!
- Your challenge, this week, is to share a photo or video of you walking with us on Celebration Day!
- Make sure you tag your posts with #PUW2020 so we can celebrate with you! You can also email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will post it for you.
We encourage you to visit each virtual booth and learn from our Partners just like you would visit their booth in person in Central Park.
You now have the ability to access this information from home, on your own time, at your own pace.
We encourage you to return frequently to the Virtual Celebration site, as news from our sponsors will be updated.
FUNDRAISE WITH US
If you would like to fundraise, every research dollar counts and there is no donation too big or too small. Thanks to our partners, 100% of donations go to research funded by four major U.S. Parkinson's foundations. We are here to help you get started and reach your fundraising goals.
Are you ready to do more to help fight Parkinson’s disease? Here are ways to join us:
- Log in to your Participant Center or open our FREE mobile Unity Walk fundraising app, to access a host of fun and easy-to-use fundraising tools!
- Reach out to your personal community – start with family and friends, and then to your extended network including your co-workers and neighbors.
- Connect your fundraising page to your Facebook. Log in to your Participant Center and click on ‘Raise more money with Facebook.’ In just a few clicks, you will be connected and any donation you get from your friends and followers will be counted immediately towards your goal!
2020 PUW DEADLINES
Deadline to Give and Turn in Donations: August 8, 2020. All donations received by August 8 will be credited to the 2020 Walk. The 2020 Participant Center and our online tools will remain active until August 8, 2020.
Click for a printer friendly version