We will gather on the plaza outside the Today Show on Friday morning, April 24th to raise awareness of the 2015 Parkinson’s Unity Walk.
Please check this blog before coming to the Today Show to confirm that the meeting time and location have not changed. Here are the details as of now:
- Some of us will arrive as early as 5:00am to hold a spot in line on West 48th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues. No need for you to get there that early but you’re welcome to.
- At 6:30am, they will allow us onto the plaza. We will do our best to be on the north side of the plaza nearest West 49th Street.
- We will be wearing PUW t-shirts and have signage, so look for us there!
- We’ll have signs for you to carry or you can help hold up our banner.
- Feel free to wear a PUW t-shirt if you have one. If not, we will have extra PUW t-shirts.
- Around 7:00am, Today Show staff comes out about once every half hour, depending on their segments and the weather. Best case, we may have ten seconds to plug the Walk.
- If you see us on TV, you can tweet @unitywalk and use hashtag #PUW2015 or go on our Facebook page.
- DRESS WARM!!! Even though it is April, it can be considerably colder in the early hours than it is at noon. It may feel more like February or March at that hour, so dress in layers.
- If you need to reach out someone on Thursday night or Friday morning about the Today Show, please call our Event Director, Helaine Isaacs on her cell 609-651-9155.
It’s possible that we might be out there for a couple of hours to get several seconds of air time for the Unity Walk but we think it’s worth it. It’s a great “warm up” for the Unity Walk and you’ll get to meet a great group of fellow Unity Walk supporters. Please consider joining us!
Questions? Call our office at 866-789-9255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you there.
View our video at the Today Show from last year.