Event Info > Volunteer Information
Volunteering for the upcoming Walk is another way to take action.
2014 Parkinson's Unity Walk
Saturday, April 26, 2014 (Rain or Shine)
Central Park, New York, NY
- Recruitment needs: for day of event volunteers
- We do not have year-round opportunities
- Individuals and groups are welcome (per availability and requirements of certain volunteer areas)
- Volunteers must be registered prior to the event (see below for sign-up information)
OPEN VOLUNTEER AREAS
Thank you for your interest. Recruitment is based on a first come first served sign-up. If the area is not available, we'll put you on a waiting list. Here are the following volunteeer areas that are open.
|Set-Up||5:15 am to 7:30 am
Assist with unwrapping of skid wraps. Set up chairs and tables.
|Other Areas||Varies||Do not see an area you are interested in? Please fill out the volunteer interest form below to be on the waiting list for additional areas.|
HOURS OF COMMITMENT
Hours will vary per area. We generally need volunteers to commit 4 to 6 hours.
- Please communicate any requirements in advance. This will assist us in providing volunteers with the best available job opportunity and Walk experience.
- Some positions require volunteers who are physically able to stand on their feet for long periods of time. In order to help set up various booths, volunteers must be able to lift boxes of various weights.
- While we encourage everyone of all ages to participate in the Walk, due to the high volume of participants and the busy nature of this event:
- Most volunteer areas require that volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- All personnel within all volunteer areas must be at least 13 years old.
- If you are a registered walker and are also considering volunteering, please know that most volunteer assignments occur during Walk festivities.
CREDIT OF HOURS
Credit of volunteer hours are provided upon request to registered volunteers, after the Walk. Please email our Events Manager or call 609-651-8205.
PUW can not issue volunteer hours to general Walk participants. To walkers who require proof of participation, please use your walker registration confirmation.
HOW TO BECOME A REGISTERED VOLUNTEER/LEARN MORE
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer for the 2014 Parkinson's Unity Walk.