Event Info > Volunteer Information
Volunteering for the upcoming Walk is another way to take action.
2016 Parkinson's Unity Walk
Saturday, in April 2016 (Rain or Shine)
Central Park, New York, NY
(check back in December 2015 for exact walk date)
- Volunteers needed for day of event
- We have no year-round opportunities
- Individuals and groups are welcome (based on availability and requirements of specific volunteer areas)
- Volunteers must be registered prior to the event (see below for sign-up information)
OPEN VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Check back for 2016 Opportunities
HOW TO BECOME A REGISTERED VOLUNTEER/LEARN MORE
HOURS OF COMMITMENT
Hours will vary with each volunteer role. We generally need volunteers to commit 4 to 6 hours.
- Please communicate any requirements in advance. This will assist us in providing volunteers with the best available job opportunity and Walk experience.
- Some positions require volunteers who are physically able to stand on their feet for long periods of time. In order to help set up various booths, volunteers must be able to lift boxes of various weights.
- While we encourage everyone of all ages to participate in the Walk, due to the high volume of participants and the busy nature of this event:
- Most volunteer areas require that volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- All personnel within all volunteer areas must be at least 13 years old.
- If you are a registered walker and are also considering volunteering, please know that most volunteer assignments occur during Walk festivities.
CREDIT OF HOURS
Credit of volunteer hours are provided upon request to registered volunteers, after the Walk.
PUW can not issue volunteer hours to general Walk participants. To walkers who require proof of participation, please use your walker registration confirmation.