Event Info > Volunteer Information
OPEN VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Volunteering needs for the 2017 Parkinson's Unity Walk have been filled. Click here to send an email about volunteering in 2018. You will be contacted next winter.
HOURS OF COMMITMENT
Hours will vary with each volunteer role. We generally need volunteers to commit 4 to 6 hours.
- Please communicate any requirements in advance. This will assist us in providing volunteers with the best available job opportunity and Walk experience.
- Some positions require volunteers who are physically able to stand on their feet for long periods of time. In order to help set up various booths, volunteers must be able to lift boxes of various weights.
- While we encourage everyone of all ages to participate in the Walk, due to the high volume of participants and the busy nature of this event:
- Most volunteer areas require that volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- All personnel within all volunteer areas must be at least 13 years old.
- If you are a registered walker and are also considering volunteering, please know that most volunteer assignments occur during Walk festivities.
CREDIT OF HOURS
Credit of volunteer hours are provided upon request to registered volunteers, after the Walk.
PUW can not issue volunteer hours to general Walk participants. To walkers who require proof of participation, please use your walker registration confirmation.