Event Info > Volunteer
Looking for another way to take action? Volunteer for the upcoming Walk!
2014 Parkinson's Unity Walk
Saturday, April 26, 2014 (Rain or Shine)
Central Park, New York, NY
- Recruitment needs: for day of event volunteers
- At this time we do not have year-round opportunities
- Individuals and groups are welcome (per availability and requirements of certain volunteer areas)
- Volunteers must be registered prior to the event (see below for sign-up information)
OPEN VOLUNTEER AREAS
Thank you to all 2013 Volunteers who assisted at the 19th Parkinson's Unity Walk.
Please check back for information about volunteering in 2014.
HOURS OF COMMITMENT
Hours will vary per area. We generally need volunteers to commit 4 to 6 hours.
- Please communicate any requirements in advance. This will assist us in providing volunteers with the best available job opportunity and Walk experience.
- Some positions require volunteers who are physically able to stand on their feet for long periods of time. In order to help set up various booths, volunteers must be able to lift boxes of various weights.
- While we encourage everyone of all ages to participate in the Walk, due to the high volume of participants and the busy nature of this event:
- Most volunteer areas require that volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- All personnel within all volunteer areas must be at least 13 years old.
- Overall, we are looking for volunteers who are committed and passionate about supporting the PUW community.
- Note to walkers: We want you to fully experience the best of being a participant. If you are a walker and are also thinking about volunteering, please know that most volunteer assignments occur during Walk festivities.
CREDIT OF HOURS
Credit of volunteer (community service) hours are provided upon request to registered volunteers, at the completion of their assignments.
PUW can not issue volunteer hours to general Walk participants. Walkers who require proof of participation can use their registration confirmation.
HOW TO BECOME A REGISTERED VOLUNTEER/LEARN MORE
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at the 2014 Parkinson's Unity Walk. Click here to fill out a volunteer interest form.
For additional information about volunteering, please contact our Events Manager.