Submit Your Donations After Your Event
- All checks should be made payable to the Parkinson’s Unity Walk.
- Cash donations should be converted into a check or money order.
- Collect checks and cash and create a list of all donors and the amounts they contributed. Indicate if you want your donors to be contacted by PUW by mail or email in the future.
- Mail all checks to the Unity Walk office or bring them with you the day of the Walk. Clearly indicate whose fundraising efforts the donations should be allocated to.
- Those attending your event may also donate online. Make sure they know which walker they should sponsor.
- Donations need to be allocated to registered participants, not a team. If you would like the donations from an individual fundraising event to be allocated to more than one walker or team member’s fundraising efforts, you need to bundle the checks and indicate which walker or team member gets “credit’ for each bundle. The same applies to the list of cash donations – indicate which donations get credited to each walker or team member.
- Donations to the Unity Walk are deductible to the extent allowable by law. PUW will mail an acknowledgement letter to all donors whose name and address is complete and legible. Only a qualified non-profit organization can provide this acknowledgement for tax purposes.