While in NYC
We're excited to have you join us in New York City for the 23rd Parkinson's Unity Walk! Here's information to help you plan your trip for the Unity Walk.
While the Unity Walk is located in Central Park, we've provided hotels at various locations and price points. Check back in 2017 for hotel info.
GETTING AROUND THE CITY
Plan methods of transportation to stop on or near Central Park's 72nd Street Entrances (East or West side)
- Search for Parking
- We do not have reserved parking; please observe general parking rules.
PARKING FOR BUSES
- There is curbside parking available for buses in Lower Manhattan. Refer to the NYC's Department of Transportation’s (DOT) website for details about parking areas, meters, and rates.
- Plan your trip using the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's (MTA) website for railway/subway/bus information and schedules.
- A guideline for subways in reference to the 72nd Street Park Entrances: the nearest subway station on the West Side is 72nd Street #B/C; and on the East Side it is 68th Street/Hunter College #6.
- If taking public transportation, please plan for weekend schedules.
- Google Map Directions to the Bandshell
CENTRAL PARK INFORMATION
- Central Park's Official Website
- About the Bandshell
- Rules & Regulations
- Wi-Fi Access
- Dogs in the Park
Windsor Pharmacy, 1419 Sixth Avenue (at 58th Street), New York City will provide wheelchairs to PUW participants at no charge. Make sure to identify yourself as being part of the Parkinson's Unity Walk. Call 212-247-1538 to make a reservation.
While entire Walk route is wheelchair accessible, we do not provide wheelchairs on event site.
Things to see and do in New York City:
The above list of helpful links for your travel for the Unity Walk is listed for informational purposes only and have no affiliations with the Parkinson's Unity Walk.