News > Latest NewsWalk News | Sponsor & Foundation News | News in the Parkinson's Disease Community
Join us on the Plaza of the Today Show, Friday Morning, April 25, 2014
|Click here to view PDF of this photo|
(April 21, 2014) - We will gather on the plaza outside the Today Show on Friday morning, April 25th to raise awareness of the Parkinson's Unity Walk. Here are the details:
NEW MEETING PLACE! We are lucky to have a connection this year so we don’t need to wait on line to enter the plaza of the Today Show.
- We will gather between 5:30-6:00am in front of the main entrance to 30 Rockefeller Plaza. Rockefeller Plaza runs from 49th to 50th Streets in between and parallel to Fifth and Sixth Avenues.
- If you need to reach out someone on Thursday night or Friday morning about the Today Show, please call our Event Director, Helaine Isaacs on her cell 609-651-9155.
- At 6:00am, we will be escorted onto the plaza to the location that will provide us with the greatest visibility.
- We'll have signs for you to carry or you can help hold up our banner.
- Feel free to wear a PUW t-shirt if you have one. If not, we will have extra PUW t-shirts.
- Around 7:00am, the Today Show staff comes out about once every half hour, depending on their segments and the weather. Best case, we may have ten seconds to plug the Walk.
- If you see us on TV, you can tweet @unitywalk and use hashtag #PUW2014 or go on our Facebook page.
- DRESS WARM!!! Even though it is April, it can be considerably colder in the early hours than it is at noon. It may feel more like February or March at that hour, so dress in layers.
It's possible that we might be out there for a couple of hours to get several seconds of air time for the Unity Walk but we think it's worth it. It’s a great “warm up” for the Unity Walk and you’ll get to meet a great group of fellow Unity Walk supporters. Please consider joining us!
RSVP to this event on Facebook.
Joining us from home? Look for us on television between 7:00 and 9:00 am (air time for the East Coast, check your local listings) and follow all the excitement via our event hashtag #puw2014.
Questions? Call our office at 866-789-9255 or send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you there.
|Here's a flashback of PUW on the plaza at the Today Show in 2013|
|Check out more pics of us on the plaza last year.|