News > Latest NewsWalk News | Sponsor & Foundation News | News in the Parkinson's Disease Community
Join us on the Plaza of The Today Show, Friday Morning, April 26, 2013
(April 22, 2013) - We will gather on the Plaza outside The Today Show on Friday morning, April 26th to raise awareness of the Parkinson's Unity Walk. Here are the details:
- Some of us will arrive as early as 5:00 am to hold a spot in line on West 48th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues. No need for you to get there that early but you're welcome to.
- At 6:30 am, they will allow us onto the plaza. We will do our best to be on the north side of the plaza nearest West 49th Street.
- We will be wearing PUW t-shirts and have signage, so look for us there!
- We'll have signs for you to carry or you can help hold up our banner.
- Feel free to wear a PUW t-shirt if you have one. If not, we will have extra PUW t-shirts.
- Around 7:00 am, Today Show staff comes out about once every half hour, depending on their segments and the weather. Best case, we may have ten seconds to plug and promote the Walk.
- If you see us on TV, please tweet and mention @unitywalk @todayshow and use hash tag #puw2013 or go on our Facebook Timeline and join the conversation.
- DRESS WARM!!! Even though it is April, it can be considerably colder in the early hours than it is at noon. It may feel more like February or March at that hour, so dress in layers.
- RSVP to our official Facebook Event about our gathering at The Today Show Plaza.
It's possible that we might be out there for a couple of hours to get several seconds of air time for the Unity Walk but we think it's worth it in terms of raising awareness. It’s a great “warm up” for the Parkinson's Unity Walk day and you’ll get to meet a great group of fellow Unity Walk supporters. Please consider joining us!
Questions? Contact us. We look forward to seeing you there.