News > Latest NewsWalk News | Sponsor & Foundation News | News in the Parkinson's Disease Community
Registered Participants Can Fundraise on Facebook Using an Application
Participants invited to use the Parkinson's Unity Walk boundlessFUNDRAISING™ Facebook application as a way to boost their fundraising efforts.
(January 1, 2013) Here at Parkinson's Unity Walk, we’ve got exciting news that will help registered participants boost their fundraising total, thus increasing funds raised for Parkinson’s disease research.
Did you know that you can raise money for this year’s Parkinson’s Unity Walk (PUW) through Facebook?
This program has been offered for a few years now and it is back for the 2013 PUW! The application is offered to registered walkers. Once you register, look for the “fundraise with Facebook” icon on your confirmation email. Or login to your personal headquarters called My HQ and look for the icon.
Once you download the Parkinson's Unity Walk boundlessFUNDRAISING™ Facebook application, you'll be able to spread the word and raise money to support the Walk directly through Facebook. Once it is easily set up ... your application will have a canvas page on Facebook where you can:
- Donate your profile picture and use the PUW logo, a convenient way to remind all your friends on Facebook
that you’re participating and raising money to help support the Parkinson’s Unity Walk.
- Send a status update to get the word out and make it easier than ever for your friends to support you with a donation. Your friends can click directly on the status update that you send out through the application to donate to your efforts!
- Set scheduled news feeds and the application will do the work as you count down to the Walk, thank your donors, and share your fundraising progress.
- Share your story with other participants of the Parkinson's Unity Walk and read stories other participants like you have posted about their own connection to the Walk.
- Monitor your fundraising progress. Your fundraising badge includes a thermometer that keeps track of your fundraising progress, and provides an easy way to check your real time fundraising status in Facebook.
- Each day that you receive a donation, the application will send out a status update on your friends’ News Feed to keep them up to date on your progress and provide them with a quick link to support you with a gift!
Thank you again for your participation in this year's Parkinson's Unity Walk. We hope you'll download the Parkinson's Unity Walk boundlessFUNDRAISING™ Facebook application today and take advantage of all its exciting features to take your fundraising even higher!
We hope you’ll get started now! Register for the 2013 Walk and add the Parkinson's Unity Walk boundlessFUNDRAISING™ Facebook application! If you are already registered, just add the application from your My HQ.
Thank you for your support!