News > News Archive
Dear #puw2012 Thank You! Letter Addressed to All of You. From the PUW Staff
(April 30, 2012)
We are back in New Jersey and we hope that everyone got home safely to yours as well. And by everyone we mean you who made the Walk possible—
our sponsors, Parkinson’s organizations, teams, participants, donors, volunteers, and vendors!
We think you are amazing! Here’s why…
- Do we really have to wait 364 more days for another day like Saturday?! What an inspiring day you created. Last Saturday was what it was because of you.
- You symbolize strength in numbers. Yes the sun was shining and there was a chill in the air, but that didn’t matter because your presence warmed up Central Park. Together, you have raised $1.5M so far – all for research!
- We think NY is still recovering from your amazingness! Yes the landmarks are great and all, but what a sight to see you walking throughout Central Park and around the city with all your swags, buttons, banners, shirts, and team signs. Talk about raising awareness…
- You raised so much awareness in the social media world that we needed more than a few seconds to read all your tweets and posts. (Still reading them…)
- Your enthusiasm, commitment, story, and energy will continue to generate inspiration and hope in all streams of media all year through, including the most important of them all… in person storytelling! We can’t wait to tell stories about everyone we met yesterday, around our family’s dinner table. We look forward to continuing the conversation with your families and teams.
So while we leave the city with so much information about resources available in the Parkinson’s community; we hope that you learned a lot too. And that you heart NY, meeting each other, and making a difference, as much as we did! We hope you enjoyed your time.
With thanks for all you have done (and still doing) to make the 18th Walk a successful one!
The Parkinson’s Unity Walk team
P.S. By the way, we’re still keeping up with all the donations you’ve collected on the day of the Walk. If you somehow collected a few more donations after the Walk, don’t worry, 2012 Walk donations is open until May 28th. Here's how you can reach us.
Go to earlier archived stories